- This event has passed.
Empowering Caregiver Resource Fair
September 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
Saturday, September 30, 2023 | 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Kona Hongwanji Social Hall – 81-6630 Mamalahoa Hwy, Kealakekua, HI 96750
RSVP is Preferred but not required
RSVP to: email@example.com
For information, call: (808)322-4559
This free community event is for all caregivers and their loved ones.
At Kona Community Hospital, we noticed a growing trend: caregivers of the kupuna, ill or injured, often lack the knowledge and resources to provide adequate care for their loved ones. Join us in this free Empowering Caregiver Resource Fair as we share education and community resources to empower caregivers to:
- Prevent hospitalization of their loved ones,
- Shorten hospitalization durations of their loved ones when applicable,
- Facilitate efficient discharge processes to the appropriate level of care, and
- Ensure that caregivers prioritize their self-care.
We will have presentations from various community organizations covering essential topics including:
- Caring for our Kupuna with Alzheimer’s
- Advance Health Care Directives…it’s so important to have one!
- Financial Considerations for Kupuna Care
- Understanding Levels of Care and Respite
Attend all sessions and enjoy a complimentary lunch!
We will also have resource booths from:
- Hawaii Community Caregivers Network
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Community First Hawaii
- County of Hawaii Parks and Recreation Elderly Activities Division
- Clinical Labs of Hawaii
- Hawaii Fire Department
- Malama Kupuna Program
- Hawaii State Health Insurance Assistance Program
- Office of Aging
- Hospice of Kona
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii
- and various department from KCH!
We will also be giving out 100 Emergency Medical Folders, a useful tool to keep your medical information organized and accessible to first responders and those who provide care during emergencies – and other door prizes!
Join us and walk away with information to help you care for yourself and your loved ones!
Project CARE: Caregiver Alternatives to Running on Empty, is a coalition of various departments from Kona Community Hospital whose mission is to empower our community caregivers to provide adequate care for their loved ones at home, and for themselves.