Welcome to the Kona Community Hospital Nurse Residency Program!
Embark on a fulfilling journey at Kona Community Hospital, where we strive to nurture and develop the next generation of nursing professionals. Your career in nursing starts here!
We are proud to introduce our Nurse Residency Program, a comprehensive yearlong initiative designed for new graduate nurses. This program is developed in collaboration with the Hawaii State Center of Nursing, focusing on integrating Evidence Based Practice into the nursing profession. Our objective is to not only enhance the skills of these new nurses but to prepare them for a rewarding career at KCH. Through this commitment, we aim to build enduring bonds with our clinicians and preceptors, fostering a community of excellence and growth.
- Duration: 1 Year
- Program Begins: Applications and interviews occur in May and the training program begins in August.
- Fee: Not only is enrollment in the Nurse Residency Program free to the graduates, but they are also concurrently employed with KCH.
Why Choose Our Program?
- Skill Development: Aims at fostering the growth of highly skilled nurses and preceptors.
- Comprehensive Training: Includes hands-on live skills training, supplemental online learning, and an Evidence Based Practice project.
- Stay Close to Home: Graduate nurses in the program will learn the skills necessary for a successful career at KCH while remaining close to home.
- Eligibility: Must have graduated from an Accredited Registered Nursing Program. While it is not required for acceptance into the program, we do require successful completion and passing of the NCLEX exam within three (3) months of the start of the program.
- Commitment: Candidates must be ready to commit to the yearlong training.
- Application Steps: Call the Education Department listed below to begin your journey with us.
- Emergency Department
- Medical Surgical Unit
- Behavioral Health
- Acute Care Float Pool
Note: Openings are posted each spring.
How to Apply or Learn More?
- Contact the Education Department: 808-322-4559
- Contact Human Resources: 808-322-4458
(This content is created for the purpose of providing information about the Nurse Residency Program at Kona Community Hospital and is subject to change. For the most current information, please contact the relevant departments.)