Discharge time is 11:00 a.m.
When it is time to go home…
- Make sure you know the signs or symptoms that you should be informed of, and find out what you should do if you have these signs or symptoms.
- Ask for the phone number of a person to call if you have any problems after leaving the hospital.
- Ask for a list of medicines you will be taking at home. Make sure you understand the directions for taking them.
- Ask the nurse or pharmacist to confirm that you have the correct medications and why you are taking them. Ask for written information about side effects from the medications.
- Make sure you understand the directions about how to take the medicine and any special directions on the medicine label or prescription.
- If you are given a liquid medicine, ask the nurse or pharmacist the best way to measure your dose.Ask for a list of medicines you will be taking at home. Make sure you understand the directions for taking them.
- Find out about any follow-up visits with your doctor.
- Make sure you understand special instructions, such as:
- Taking care of your wound
- Performing physical activities or exercises
- Using special equipment or devices
- Follow-up testing
- Special diet
- Please arrange for transportation to arrive before the time of discharge. Your ride may park temporarily at the front entrance. Vehicles may not park in a red zone and should not be left unattended for more than 20 minutes.
- A Nurse Case Manager may help you arrange for after-hospital care. This care may include services of home care agencies, skilled nursing facilities, equipment rental companies, home meal delivery, or visits by a public health nurse. Speak to your doctor or nurse if you have any questions about these services.
- Before leaving, patients are required to visit the Admitting Department, where the clerk will check if all the insurance information is complete and request a deposit if it was not collected at the time of admission. If financial arrangements are necessary, please contact the Financial Counselor at (808) 322-5813. (Monday – Friday) before discharge to ensure your departure is not delayed.