Kona Community Hospital Laboratory Services provides comprehensive clinical and anatomic pathology services to all community members. Testing services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week to patients of all ages through inpatient, outpatient and outreach services. Outpatient hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm. If you have any question, please contact Laboratory Services at (808) 322-4422.
Respiratory therapy care at Kona Community Hospital provides a broad spectrum of respiratory services to newborns, pediatrics and adults. The department provides services in all hospital areas including the Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, OB/GYN and Medical/Surgical.
The Respiratory Department uses a variety of therapeutic modalities to identify and treat acute or chronic respiratory disorders. Our therapists are registered/certified respiratory therapists trained to assess, treat, manage, educate and care for patients with respiratory problems. Services are provided on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) measures a patient’s lung function for diagnosis of lung disease such as COPD.
- Physician orders a PFT and send a fax to the Respiratory Therapy Department.
- Tests are done Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Respiratory Therapy Department calls patient to schedule appointment.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG, ECG) measures the electrical activity in the heart.
- Physician orders an EKG
- Tests are done Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Call the admitting office at Kona Community Hospital to schedule an appointment (808) 322-9311.
For more information regarding the services we offer you may call the Respiratory Therapy Department at (808) 322-4431.