On June 1st, 2023, Kona Community Hospital (KCH) and Kohala Hospital (KOH), part of the West Hawaii Region (WHR), went live with Epic Care*Link Community Connect, an electronic healthcare record system. The Epic CARE*Link Community Connect implementation is made possible through a clinical partnership with Queen’s Health Systems (QHS). This partnership, neither a merger nor an acquisition, grants WHR access to QHS Epic CARE*Link EHR.
Epic is favored nationwide because it promotes communication and collaboration among healthcare providers regarding improved patient outcomes. The new system streamlines patient care and clinical workflows, enhances clinical decision-making and patient outcomes. Larger hospitals in the nation use Epic, including three of Hawaii’s larger hospital systems – Hawaii Pacific Health, Kaiser Permanente, and The Queen’s Health System. Alii Health Center (AHC) and Hawaii Island Community Health Center (HICHC) are already part of the community connect on Hawaii Island. For patients, this means you can access your health information from AHC, HICHC, or KCH in the same portal.
Three easy ways to set up your MyChart Account:
- Follow the instructions on the After Visit Summary you receive after each visit or hospital stay.
- For KCH patients, contact us by email at ReleaseofInfoKCH@hhsc.org or by phone at 808-322-4473 and ask us about MyChart activation.
- For KOH patients, contact us by email at ReleaseofInfoKOH@hhsc.org or by phone at 808-889-6211 and ask us about MyChart activation.
To participate with MyChart® you:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have access to the internet
- Have a valid and current email address