INFORMATION FOR NEW MEDICAL ONCOLOGY PATIENTS:
What New Medical Oncology Patients Can Expect
Important Information about your first appointment:
- Please complete all required paperwork prior to your appointment date or you will be rescheduled. Forms can be completed and submitted online.
- Your initial consultation may take more than 1 hour.
- If you are unable to keep this appointment please call (808) 322-6910 to reschedule.
- You are encouraged to bring a family member or a friend with you to your appointment.
- Please remember to bring all of your insurance cards.
- Please bring a list of your current medications (including vitamins or supplements and any over-the-counter medications) with dose and frequency.
We encourage you to take advantage of our designated KCH CANCER TREATMENT CENTER stalls located next to our entrance.
When you arrive at Kona Community Hospital for your appointment:
- Proceed to the Medical Oncology & Hematology Department. If you need assistance with a wheel chair please check with the receptionist at the entrance.
During your first appointment:
- You will meet with the Medical Oncology staff physician and they will review your records, give you an examination and discuss treatment recommendations with you.
- If the doctor requires additional diagnostic information, the front office staff will schedule the appointments for you before you leave.
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions at (808) 322-6910, option 1, or fax (808) 322-6918.