INFORMATION FOR NEW CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT PATIENTS:
Important Information about your first appointment:
- Once you have decided to receive chemotherapy treatment, you will be set up with one of our Chemotherapy RNs to complete “Chemotherapy Education”. This education session reviews all of the potential side effects that you may experience with undergoing treatment. This education session can take up to 1 hour and is a separate appointment that takes place after your consultation with the Medical Oncologist and is about a week before your treatment starts.
- If you are unable to keep this appointment please call (808) 322-6910 to reschedule.
- You are encouraged to bring a family member or a friend with you to your appointments.
- Please remember to bring all of your insurance cards.
- Please bring a list of your current medications (including vitamins or supplements and any over-the-counter medications) with dose and frequency.
- We do provide snacks, lunch, tea, ginger ale, juice, coconut water, coffee and cocoa, warm blanks, headphone, TV, and digital education tablets
- We encourage you to take advantage of our designated KCH CANCER TREATMENT CENTER stalls located next to our entrance.
- When you arrive at Kona Community Hospital for your appointment:
- Proceed to the Medical Chemotherapy Infusion Department. If you need assistance with a wheel chair please check with the receptionist at the entrance.
During your first chemotherapy treatment:
- At check-in, you will receive an identification bracelet. Please make sure your information is correct.
- Then you will meet with the Medical Oncologist before you start your first round of treatment and receive clearance to continue on with treatment.
- You will then be greeted by the Chemotherapy Infusion Nurse who will help you settle in, confirm your identification and start the treatment process.
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions at (808) 322-6910, option 2, or fax (808) 322-6918.