DATE POSTED: 8/8/2023
JOB TITLE: Administrative Services Officer I (Cancer Center Operations Manager)
RECRUITMENT NO: KCH 23-189
JOB LOCATION: KONA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL – Oncology
SALARY RANGE: NEGOTIABLE (EM01; BU35)
JOB DUTIES: The Clinical Administrative Services Officer I is responsible for the overall administrative functions of outpatient and inpatient clinic services including operations, procurement, marketing, reimbursement, human resources, medical and business information systems and planning and development. This position may be required to work shifts, weekends, and holidays.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SHIFTS AS NECESSARY BASED ON HOSPITAL OPERATIONS; SERVICES ARE PROVIDED 24/7.
THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS ARE: Applicants must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated; the required education and experiences may not be gained concurrently. In addition, qualifying work experiences are based on a 40-hour work week.
- Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a bachelor’s degree. Excess work experience as described below in the experience section or any other responsible administrative or professional work experience which provided knowledge, skills, and abilities comparable to those acquired in four years of successful study while completing a university or college curriculum may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. To be acceptable, the experience must have been of such scope, level and quality as to assure the possession of comparable knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Four (4) years of professional work experience which demonstrated responsibility for planning and coordinating program activities and solving operational problems involving administrative processes and the relationship between programs. Such experience must have demonstrated administrative abilities by completion of assignments or projects which involved administrative problems (i.e., conducting studies and analyses of programs, projects and services to assess effectiveness, adherence to program directives and achievement of goals and objectives, resource needs, cost and benefit factors, and other essential management concerns and recommending alternative courses of action to resolve problems and increase the effectiveness of operations and other concerns). The experience must have demonstrated a high degree of analytical skill involving the ability to identify information needs, collect and analyze data, identify problems and alternative solutions and their advantages and disadvantages and develop logical recommendations for a course of action, and the ability to read, comprehend and interpret complex material and draft comprehensive reports of findings and conclusions. Experience related to Clinic supervision/management is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of: Principles and practices of public administration including program planning and evaluation techniques; personnel management, budget administration, organization and management analysis and public relations; pertinent rules and regulations, policies and procedures relating to administrative functions; research methods and techniques; report writing; principles and practices of supervision. Knowledge of electronic billing processing is preferred.
- Ability to: Plan, organize and coordinate various administrative staff services; obtain, analyze and evaluate facts; analyze facility needs and provide service to fulfill those needs; interpret pertinent laws, rules and regulations; prepare clear and concise correspondence and reports; draft policies and procedures; maintain cooperative and effective relationship with public officers, departmental personnel and members of the general public; and make sound administrative policy decisions.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills, with extensive experience in physician practices. Current knowledge of issues and trends facing the healthcare industry, especially in a rural setting, is also required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily. Disabilities in these or other areas will not automatically result in disqualification. Those applicants who demonstrate that they are capable of performing the essential functions of the position will not be disqualified under this section.
Any condition which would cause applicants to be a hazard to themselves or others is cause for disqualification.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
Required Forms & Documentation: Evidence of the appropriate training (e.g., official transcript or degree) to be given credit for education and/or experience. A legible photocopy will be accepted; however, Kona Community Hospital reserves the right to request an official copy.
All West Hawaii Health Care Facilities are Nicotine Free
An Equal Opportunity Employer
ALL JOB VACANCIES WILL BE POSTED FOR A MINIMUM OF TEN (10) CALENDAR DAYS
For an application packet, click on the links below. For additional information, call (808) 322-4458 or e-mail Recruiting/Employment.
- Application Form (PDF)
- Drug Screen Authorization Form (PDF)
- Licensure information
- Request for Administrative Review (PDF)
Applications are also available at:
|Kona Community Hospital Human Resources Office 79-1019 Haukapila Street Kealakekua, HI 96750
Phn: (808) 322-4458
|Kohala Hospital Human Resources Office P. O. Box 10 Kapaau, HI 96755
Phn: (808) 322-4458
Kona Community Hospital is a 94-bed full-service acute care hospital with 24-hour emergency services, proudly serving the West Hawaii community. For nearly 100 years we have been caring for the people of West Hawaii. Adding more and more services, we have constantly improved our abilities to serve our residents and visitors whenever they are in need. We are your friends and neighbors, here to help through trying times and happy moments, through crisis and celebrations. As your community hospital, you can count on us. We take pride that every patient that comes through our door is treated like “ohana.”
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4162, (TTD/TTY), or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.
Application hours are: Monday to Friday (except holidays) 8:00 – 10:00 am and 1:00- 3:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the facility Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications. Applications for announcements with “Continuous Recruitment until Needs are Met” will be accepted as long as there are vacancies. Inactive/filled announcements will be taken off the HHSC website.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek.
Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active for six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
MEDICAL/PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a pre-employment physical examination, which includes drug screen and other regulatory medical requirements such as, but not limited to, two-step tuberculosis (TB) screen. The cost for physical examinations, except the cost for drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather than the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications are available at the Kona Community Hospital, Human Resources Office, 79-1019 Haukapila Street, Kealakekua, HI 96750 or Kohala Hospital, P. O. Box 10, Kapaau, HI 96755. You can call (808) 733-4162, (Voice/TT), e-mail: email@example.com or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: Monday to Friday (except holidays) 8:00 – 10:00 am to 1:00 – 3:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the facility Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications. Applications for announcements with “Continuous Recruitment Until Needs are Met” will be accepted as long as there are vacancies. Inactive/filled announcements will be taken off the HHSC website.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is a statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection.
If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Complaint and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org