HEPA offers two scholarships totaling $6000 to Kona and North Kohala District Students
HEPA, the Hawaii Emergency Physicians Associated, Inc., who recently began staffing the emergency rooms at Kona Community Hospital and Kohala Hospital are offering (one) $3000 college scholarship to students in the Kona area and (one) $3000 college scholarship to students in North Kohala District. The scholarships will be awarded $1500 per semester per student.
The goal of the scholarship is to support a graduating high school student, who without financial assistance, is not likely to attend college. The primary criteria for scholarship consideration are financial and familial hardship.
Additional criteria for consideration includes:
- Must be from West Hawaii Region (Kona area or North Kohala District)
- Prior academic performance
- Must be a graduating high school student
Scholarship application forms can be downloaded from the Kona Community Hospital website at KCH.hhsc.org. Applications can also be requested via email from Judy Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms must be received by Tuesday May 25, 2021.
Interested students should submit the following documents:
- Application form
- Photo copy of most recent report card or transcripts
- Photo copy of SAR report or Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for applicable school year
- 2 letters of reference from teachers, counselors, employers or other individuals who are familiar with your character and potential. Include this person’s relationship to student.
Mail all required documents to:
Kona Students: North Kohala District Students:
Judy Donovan Carmela Rice, RN
Marketing Director Chief Nurse Executive
Kona Community Hospital Kohala Hospital
79-1019 Haukapila Street 54-383 Hospital Road
Kealakekua, HI 96750 North Kohala District, HI 96755
For more information, please contact Judy Donovan at 322-6960.