If you were injured in a car accident or a fall from a ladder, you wouldn’t hesitate to go to the emergency room. But there are other times when you’re not sure if your situation requires a high-speed trip to the hospital.
The following information should help you with your decision. First, ask yourself some questions about the seriousness of the situation and the options available to you:
- Is this a life-threatening situation?
- Should I call the doctor’s office?
- Should I wait and see what happens?
- Is there any treatment I can provide at home?
- Would a visit to the the doctor take care of this?
- Should I call 9-1-1 or an ambulance service?
- Should I drive to the emergency room myself?